1964 Pontiac GTO Royal Bobcat Plastic Model Kit Engine

 :

1964 421 HO Pontiac GTO Royal Bobcat Engine

Written By Jim Allan | 12-28-2016

This engine is out of a 1998 Revell Model Kit replica of the 1964 Pontiac GTO "Royal Bobcat" Outfitted car. The model kit gave the option of building the engine with the standard 3, 4 barrell carburetors or with the racing blower under a 2, 4 barrell carburetor setup. I built this engine with the racing setup. 1964 Pontiac GTO Royal Bobcat

This model kit engine is the 421 HO (High Output) Tri-Power version (3 four barrel carburetors creating 370 HP) converted to a drag racing setup with dual carburetors on top of a blower. These motors were commonly used in Nascar and drag racing.

The model kit this engine is out of was missing the windshield and a couple of other key parts so I just built the engine and will use it and some of the other parts in a "Rat Rod" when I find a model kit car body suitable to piece together the custom model kit vehicle of my making.

I do have a 1990's unbuilt 1940's model kit round body style car that I'm not so excited about that I'm looking to put this engine in. I'd just cut the front fenders off and take the mags that came in this engines Pontiac GTO kit and a "Rat Rod" will be born that I could possibly be excited about. Lots of chopping and hacking to get this done but it will be fun. I'm still thinking about it.

Article Copied/Pasted From: Sea Dogs Beach


Purchase Can Be Made On
Junk Market Stop @ Ecrater.com Marketplace

No comments: